Paris Fashion Week. The Louvre. Louis Vuitton. AW14 Collection. Nicolas Ghesquiere has arrived! Now if your one who doesn’t understand the dialect of fashion, here is all you need to know:
– Leaving the Balenciaga Fashion House in 2012, Ghesquiere has replaced Marc Jacobs at Louis Vuitton.
– The catwalk depicted Ghesquire’s new retro design aesthetic with logo free clothes (thank god!).
– All about a little contrast – Textures of farbic and leather, brights contrasting halftones
– Colour Palette: Beiges, browns and black with P.O.C (Pops Of Colour) of the designers favourite red.
– Leather. Leather. Leather. Not just in the bag designs, but also incorporated into the garments.
– Everything high waisted!
– Skirts: Cinched, flared and short!
– Trousers: Tight!
– Shoes: Strappy or patent boots
Want to see for yourself? Check out the gallery below – shot at the Paris Louis Vuitton Studio by Juergen Teller – What do you think? Love or Loathe?